Employer Branding is always a topic that provokes a lot of debate. So much debate in fact that sometimes it is difficult to get a clear view of what strategies are working. It’s fair to say that many employers are now putting their employees at the centre of their employer brand strategy but have do you have a people centric approach in a large complex organisation?
My guest this week is Julie Griggs, Head of Talent and Resourcing at Manchester Metropolitan University. Julie leads a team that has been doing some interesting, innovative and effective work in employer branding.
In the interview we discuss:
• The challenges of recruiting for a large university with diverse needs.
• Technology as the foundation of a smooth candidate journey
• Putting people at the heart of employer branding
• Innovative approaches to photography and video
• Their unique approach to attracting senior hires
• The importance of candidate and hiring manager feedback
Julie also talks about the results her team has seen from using this approach and shares some valuable advice for employers who are just getting starting with employer branding.
Subscribe to this podcast in iTunes