By far the biggest story in recruiting technology this year has been Google’s entry into the market firstly with their job search tool and more recently with their ATS system Hire. There has been a huge amount of discussion, commentary and debate about both Google products and their future intentions so I decided to go directly to Google themselves to find out more.
My guest this week is Bogomil Balkansky, the Google Vice President responsible for go to market strategy for recruiting related products.
In the interview we discuss:
• How Google’s appetite for solving big problems has driven their new focus on the recruiting market.
• Which part of the market Google are looking to serve with Hire
• Why Hire is different from other recruiting systems
• The benefits of integrating a recruiting system into existing productivity tools
• How to improve the candidate experience
• The integration between Hire and Google Jobs
• When Hire might be available outside of the US
Bogomil also talks about the customer response so far and the human centric design culture they have developed to improve and extend their recruiting offering