It has become very clear from the conversations I’ve been having with employers this year that the problems posed by current and future skill shortages have never been higher on their agenda. The best companies are acting to solve these problems by thinking differently and tapping into some extremely valuable pools of talent that they may have previously overlooked.
In the interview we discuss:
• The strong business case for employing disabled people
• Popular misconceptions round the implications of employing disabled people
• How people with particular impairments (autism as one example) can bring particular skills to the workplace
• How employers should go about attracting disabled people to their organization and how they should be adapting their recruitment processes to get the best talent
• Which employers are doing this well
Jane also shares her advice on the first steps employers should take to gain access to this valuable pool of talent