2016 will be remembered for many things but in our industry one of the most notable trends has been the reinvention and resurgence of recruitment marketing. I’ve been working in recruitment marketing since 1999 so its certainly not a new thing but it has been interesting that this year has seen so much discussion and debate around it.
To help me make sense of this my guest this week is HR Pro, Recruiter and industry commentator Tim Sackett. Tim recently hosted Smashfly’s Transform recruitment marketing conference and I was delighted to have him on the podcast to talk about the latest thinking in what is a critically important area for talent acquisition.
In the interview we discuss:
• Why Recruitment Marketing is back on the agenda and what has changed
• Marketing spin versus authentic employee experience
• The role of story telling
• How technology is supporting the reinvention of the discipline
• The advantages of corporate recruiting and marketing departments working closely together
Tim also talks us through which employers he thinks are doing this well and also shares his views on the likely impact of President Trump on recruiting and HR in 2017 and beyond.
This episode of the podcast is kindly supported by Hirevue