Digital Transformation is a key issue that all businesses will need to address in the next few years. It is likely to have a fundamental effect on HR and Recruiting and I really surprised that there are still such low levels of awareness round the concept among HR and Recruiting professionals.
My guest for this episode is Douglas Shirlaw Chief Digital Officer of The Convention of Scottish Local Authorities or (COSLA). Douglas has many years of front line experience in digital transformation and leads COSLA’s initiatives to digitise public sector recruitment in Scotland.
COSLA’s platform myjobscotland is hugely successful and continues to develop to keep pace with evolving technologies and increasing user expectations. The site is a multiple award winning venture recently picking up the public sector award at the Scottish Digital Business Awards and has also previously won the best shared service award at the UK Public Sector Digital Awards
• In the interview we discuss:
• The challenges involved in developing myjobscotland
• The implications of having over 50% of the site’s audience accessing from mobiles and tablets
• The rise and importance of “customer experience first” thinking
• The ongoing clash between user expectations and current recruitment process realities
• The benefits of digital transformation and a workable model to implement it
Douglas also talks about changing attitudes to privacy and gives us his vision for the future of recruitment platforms